Wednesday, February 9, 2011

DreamGroup’s Wedding Wednesday: Tip of the Week

Special Occasion Licensing...

If you are getting married somewhere that requires you to bring in your own alcohol, then a Special Occasion License will most likely be required and you should be sure to apply for it at least one month in advance.

Here is some information from BC Liquor Stores about what an SOL is and how to apply:


A Special Occasion Licence (SOL) permits you to serve, sell and consume alcohol at your special event, celebration or community festival. Licences are regulated by the Liquor Control & Licensing Branch, Ministry of Housing & Social Development, and issued by the Liquor Distribution Branch. When you apply for a SOL, you agree to be responsible for the safety and sobriety of your guests. A complete copy of the laws that govern this licence can be found at the Liquor Control and Licensing website.


Visit the Customer Service desk at any BC Liquor Store to apply for a Special Occasion Licence or permit. For more information about the Special Occasion Licence, download the brochure here. Information about the Special Occasion Licence is also available on the Liquor Control and Licensing Branch website.

DG TIP: Before you can apply for a Special Occasion License, you will need to obtain a Serving it Right Certificate. This can be acquired through the following link: Serving it Right

Click here to sign up for DreamGroup's Mailing list!
We promise to inspire, inform & indulge!

No comments: