Monday, June 14, 2010

Weddings and the City...

Suzie Moldowan brought DreamGroup on board last year to assist her with the planning of her 2010 wedding and we, along with Associate Planner, Alicia Keats, have been enjoying quite possibly one of the most riveting and hilarious writers DreamGroup has ever seen since then! Here is yet another fantastic glimpse into Suzie's planning journey...enjoy!

Ok...I can say good morning now. Reese is about to go down for her nap and we are slowly settling in to life in the desert.

So, Good Morning.

Now, on a much more important note, I have news. Fairly irrelevant to those living in third world countries albeit groundbreaking nonetheless. I feel it is important for you to know that Mischa has finally "turned". While lying in bed 2 short nights ago, my soon to be husband, after months of questions surrounding wedding themes, colours, decor and floral arrangements, woke up in the middle of the night to wake me. Why? Sit back for this one. He had an idea for the wedding that he couldn't wait to share.

Hee hee.

Imagine. 200 pounds of muscle, adorable in his man-ness and, up unitl recently, unable to roll an eye when asked which pattern he prefers, nudged me....with enthusiasm if I might add, to let me know that he thinks we should take "team photos" for our guest book. Moreover, not only had he thought out who should be in the pic, but he had taken the time, in the wee hours, to plan out the layout of the shot and how it should be displayed so as to not "cheapen" the theme of our special day!

Let me put this in perspective for you. This is a man, who I love endlessly by the way, who fakes coma if not death when our totally perfect daughter decides she wants to play at 4am. Yet, when struck with an idea for our wedding, not only comes to full wakefulness but takes the time to think it through (another anomally for Misch) before arousing me to "share" his brilliant idea.

Are you reading my mail here? Indeed, I would be lying if I told you I wasn't scared but there is a small part of me that feels proud for this transformation of sorts. I realize, at this point, that I have 2 things to consider. Either my fiancé is on the verge of becoming a groomzilla or he's gay. The latter of which I can assure you is not true.

I promise to keep you in the loop on this one as I now find myself entering sleepy time with apprehension and a wink of trepidation. What will he think of next? How many more "brilliant" ideas will he want to share? Is he planning on
commenting on the decor now? Ahhhhhh. It's a slippery slope, no?

Anyways, be advised that while his ideas can be great, they seem to revolve around anything sports related and linked to a stick and puck. I'm afraid that our guests will sit down to eat their meals with a miniature hockey stick and a knife with a skate blade attached on the end.

Pity me please because pandora's box has been opened.

Suzie

No comments: