Monday, August 23, 2010

July Blog Competition Winner: Courtney Morrice!

Congratulations to the winner of DreamGroup's July Blog Competition:
Courtney Morrice! Courtney has won a lovely silver plated cake knife and server set simply by sharing her wonderful engagement story with us!


Here is her winning story:


My colleague introduced me to your monthly competition! I think its a really great and fun idea. Please find below my engagement story:


So...it was Saturday, July 19, 2009 and I had been at a wedding as the day of coordinator from 9:00am and I didn't get home until 9:00pm at night. Poor Nate was sitting at home all nervous...sweating through 2 shirts and hadn't eaten all day!


It was our 50 month anniversary which at the time, didn't really mean anything, so I wasn't expecting anything. I made it really easy for him to not sound nervous as the whole way home, I was talking about the wedding and how the day had gone. Then when we get home and up the elevator, he begins skipping to our apartment door, so I am thinking something must be up, but it never crossed my mind that he was about to propose.


I walk in to find the entire apartment filled with candles and all I could see was a bunch of items in a row on the coffee table, the first being a picture of a bulldog puppy, which looked kind of like my friends dog, Kingston. (So at this point, I am totally confused). It was all based around 50's due to our anniversary. There were little cards laid out in front of each item and each one explaining a part of our story and how we met. The 50's were accurate timelines too! Not that surprising, as Nate loves numbers!


In front of the picture is the first card, and Nate reads....


"50 seconds after we broke up a potential fight between friends at the Roxy was the first time we laid eyes on each other." There was a picture of a bulldog puppy I had sent him named Roxy (from my daily puppy website) - and the Roxy was the place we first met.


Behind the picture was the second card with $1.50 on top and Nate reads..."50 minutes after that, Art gave you your first test by running you through the buck and a half, and you passed." The buck and a half is a series of questions asked to you really quickly over 1 and a half minutes about your likes and dislikes. As soon as I picked football over hockey, it was a shoe in:)


The 3rd thing on the table was 50 Hershey’s kisses surrounding the card which Nate reads...."50 hours later, we met at El Furniture Warehouse and spent hours getting to know each other…at the end of the night, we shared our first kiss." At this point, I am still just thinking how sweet he was to put together this night "just because."


Lastly, at the back of the table, there was a massive bouquet with 50 red roses and another card which Nate reads...."50 days after that, you were gone, and had been in the Bahamas for 10 days already, when I realized how much I missed you and that I was falling in love with you....It was at that point that we decided that we would stay together and see how things would go, and we settled on an anniversary date of July 19th for when we officially became a couple."


So I give him a huge hug and kiss and I am so grateful that he has taken the time to put this together when he says, "wait, there's more." He then proceeds to read the next card that he had in his hand....


"50 weeks after our anniversary, we had been living together in this very apartment for a month, and I knew at that point that I wanted to spend the rest of my life with you."


DING, it was like a light bulb going off! As soon as he said that I finally clued into what was about to happen and got really emotional and started crying. Nate then sees that I know and gets really nervous and gets down on one knee and says....


"50 months after our anniversary, I, Nathaniel Michael McDonald, am asking you, Courtney Brianne Morrice, to be my life partner, my wife, for the next 50 (+ infinity) years .... Will you marry me?"


I gave him a definite maybe!!.... Just kidding!


We will be married May 22, 2011.


Congratulations again to Courtney and Nate! Be sure to keep an eye out for the next Blog Competition and submit your entries so that you can win the next fabulous prize!


No comments: